Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mahi Mahi Burgers - Trader Joe's

The BBQ season can be challenging for non-meat-eaters. You often are greeted with "Oh, you don't eat meat?", which technically means "What's wrong with you?" Fortunately, I have a little more options than typical vegans and vegetarians because I eat fish. The Mahi Mahi Burgers from Trader Joe's are my absolute favorite!


Between this and some variety of good veggie burgers, I can fully appreciate BBQ season. I typically make my burger with lettuce, onion and tomato. I substitute cheese with thin slices of avocado. I serve with a spicy sauce to give a little kick to it. It's a mixture of a little bit of wasabi or abodo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers with my favorite vegenaise (vegan mayonnaise). Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment