Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Delicious Planet

'Delicious Planet' is a perfect choice when you don't want to cook, or go out to eat. It's an all-organic prepared-food delivery service. It's like having a personal chef. They offer variety of vegetarian, vegan, wheat free, gluten free,  egg free and soy free menu options. I purchased a GROUPON deal and got $60 worth of food for $30! The food was delivered in coolers with gel-ice packs, so you don't have to be present at the time of delivery.

Our dogs investigating what we got!

 This is the food I got for about $30.
  • 3 Mondo Chipotle Black Bean Burger (vegan?)
  • 1 Chickpea Hummus (vegan)
  • 1 Roasted Red Beet, Rosemarry & Lentil Soup (vegan)
  • 2 Tapioca Pudding (vegan)
  • 4 Magnificent Morning Glory Muffins (vegan)
 Mondo Chipotle Black Bean Burger

 Chickpea Hummus

 Roasted Red Beet, Rosemarry & Lentil Soup

 Tapioca Pudding

 Magnificent Morning Glory Muffins

 Almost enough food for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 3 people. I served a side of potato dish with burgers, but actually they were quite filling by themselves. It was a little dry, but nice and spicy. I really liked their vegan Tapioca Pudding. It was delicious!  All the containers they use are either recyclable or compostable. Way to be sustainable!

It's a perfect choice for busy, yet health-conscious people. It's also a great option for your 'staycation'. Would I order again? I would like to if I can afford it. I think their price is very reasonable considering the convenience and quality of ingredients that go into the food. Unfortunately, I'm not in a place in my life that I can pay extra for convenience... Well, if you decide to give it a try, please give them my name. I'll get a discount for my next order :)

No comments:

Post a Comment