Saturday, August 7, 2010

Teapot Vegetarian House

This is my first time ever vegan restaurant experience, with hopefully many more to follow, although I don't eat out a whole lot. Why? I think that will be another post sometime in the future. Anyways, I believe this place has been a vegan restaurant since they revised their menu last time even though it's called "Teapot Vegetarian House". It's been in Capitol Hill neighborhood for 15 years. They serve a variety of Pan-Asian dishes.

Casual atmosphere with Asian inspired decor. 

I really liked their Sizzling Rice Soup. It's always been my favorite soup at Chinese restaurants. It's such a simple soup yet I have been disappointed many times in the past. This one was great! The broth was really tasty and vegetables were very fresh. It had a few pieces of some sort of tofu-like meat substitute. They added a texture that was otherwise missing, but I think it was just fine without them. The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was that they didn't pour crispy rice into the soup right at our table. I like hearing the sizzling sound of crispy rice cakes melting into the soup. (I forgot to take picture before starting to eat, sorry about the half eaten state of the dishes.)

 
Steamed Dumplings were okay. The filling and sauce was good, but the casing was way too thick. Well, they were very filling because of that. (Again, I'm sorry about the half eaten state of the dishes.)


We also ordered Vegetable Chow Mein. Not bad, but not exciting either. Ingredients tasted very fresh, but I didn't care for the sauce. It was a little too sour for my taste. I never liked sweet&sour types of seasoning anyways. (This time I remembered to take the picture before eating!)


I will probably go back there again since they offer so many variety of food. They are receiving mixed reviews on Yelp. But many people are raving about their Vegan "Cheese" Cake. I have to try that! 


Location: 345 15th Ave E. Seattle, WA 98112
Hours: 11:00am-10:30pm (Daily)


No comments:

Post a Comment